The Tap Lab is a social mobile gaming company based in Cambridge, MA. Our company mission is to bring daydreams to life through games that spark the imagination and seamlessly integrate with today’s fast-paced mobile lifestyle.
An ideal candidate for us would be someone who loves playing games, and beyond that, fully experiences and enjoys the design that went into it. When you play games (whether it's Angry Birds, Farmville, or StarCraft), you think about how the design decisions and architecture behind the scenes influence the player's happiness and satisfaction with their experience.
You'll be one of our first employees and be heavily involved in all parts of the business. We're looking to build the future of mobile gaming!
Roles & Responsibilities
As a mobile developer, your focus will be helping us build out our server backend, we'd love to chat with you on user acquisition, monetization, or even gaming industry news. You can be heavily involved in as much of the company as you want.
- API development - You'll be working on our game servers! Our apps will need to talk to them.
- Scalability - We want to share our games with the world so they have to be scalable both in technology and in concept.
- Game design - We're a small company and kick ideas around all the time.
Skills & Requirements
- CS Degree not required - We understand that hackers come from all walks.
- Rails 3 - We're using MySQL and Memcache (typical), but always interested in other technologies too.
- External API experience - We rely on some third party providers for data like venue info and geocoding.
- Testing - Honestly, our code coverage is a little lacking. We'd love your help to change this.
- Quick Learner - Show us that you pick up new things quickly. Being on the bleeding edge of mobile gaming requires that we not only stay on top of the latest technologies and APIs, but are also flexible in adapting them for our uses.
- Bonus Points: Previous gaming experience (playing counts!)
Compensation will be competitive and based on your experience. Now by experience, we mean quality, not quantity. 6 months of building a great social game is more important to us than 8 years building mobile apps. After all, the iPhone's only been around since 2007!
GLHF - Good Luck & Have Fun
We all do our best work when everyone's having fun, so above all else, we want to make sure that we're a fit for each other. After that, everyone on the team eventually does a little bit of everything, so there's always room to grow.
Just click this big ass button and we'll get in touch!
Principals only. No recruiters.
We're a couple of guys working to melt faces off in the gaming industry. Check out these jobs to join our team!
If you're an awesome dude(tte) and love games but don't quite fit our openings, shoot us an email anyway at jobs [at] thetaplab [dot] com.